APRENDIENDO A CONOCERNOS: EL PROYECTO - GETTING TO KNOW EACH OTHER: THE PROJECT

Here we are, ready to celebrate the Europe Day 2010. GETTING TO KNOW EACH OTHER is a project aimed for students aged 12-18 from different countries. We would like to celebrate the Europe Day in an original way so we've thought about the following some different schools are needed for the project, and if possible from different countries. Each school should group students into ten teams according to their ages and topics. That day, schools should arrange the classrooms and time schedules so that each group can write about a topic in one hour. Previously, teachers should have taken photographs of each student (13x15 approx), in which just their faces are shown. On 9th May, the photographs should be handed out to the students , who are to write about the topic at the back. Photographs in each group should be kept in an envelope with the address of the group and country assigned to them so that we can build a spider web. When the activity finishes, a representative of each group will go to the post office accompanied by a teacher (It would be a good idea to take a picture of that moment so that we can publish it on the blog.) When the photos are received in each school, students can share the information given by their pen-pals and decorate the classrooms with the pictures. Topics: Me, my school, my town, my country, Europe (eldest students.) The project is based on ordinary mail, but we are following the process in a blog. Students mustn't write their names to keep privacy This project aims to encourage pupils in each country to examine their school community, the local area, their country and Europe. By comparing these ideas with the partners, pupils will be able to develop creativity as well as it will help them reach positive conclusions about their own lives and those in other cultures. We are looking for teachers of English (or other subjects) in other European countries in order to develop this project, in which our students will practise English and other languages.







Letters from Germany


We have received the letters from Germany. We are really glad you have written us and want to know more about you. The Spanish Students.


Hi everybody!

My name is S. I’m from Bremerhaven. Bremerhaven is in the north of Germany. It’s called Fishtown too. I like Bremerhaven because all my friends are here. We have a big shopping place in the centre. Everyday there are different shgips at our haven. My parents are from Lebanon but I was born in Amburg. We moved to Bremerhaven because my father is qorking as a ship captain. The nightlife at Bremerhaven is exciting. There are a lot of bars and parties at the weekend. Bremerhaven is a tourist town now. We have a big hotel like in Dubai. It looks good. If I were you I would visit Bremerhaven because you can have fun and do whatever you want.

That was a short report about the life in Bremerhaven. If you have any questions you can ask me.

Best regards,

S.
                                                                      
Hi,
I am J. I am 14 years old and my birthday is on the 6th of December. I live in Bremerhaven. It’s in Germany. I love the weekend. I can sleep as much as I want and I can chill. In the evening I go out with my friends and sleep there. On week days I spend most of the time at home. Then I can clean my room and watch TV. And I use my time to recover from school. I have a big brother. He is 19 and he is very nice. I spend a lot of time with him. We are like very good friends. My school is Gaußschule II. My class is very nice, but loud and crazy. I have a boyfriend. I like to spend time with him. If I am at home and it’s boring I use my notebook to surf the web and use the Windows Live Messenger to write with my friends. Please, write back.

Bye bye.

 
My name is A.I’m 12 years old. I live in Germany in Bremerhaven. I go to the group school II. In my free time I go to my friends’ or I listen to music and dance. My best friends are M. and C. I have a dog. I have three brotehrs and I haven’t got a sister. My favourite colours are blue and pink.

A.











Hi everybody!
My name is A and I come from Bremerhaven, it’s in Germany. I have many friends here and I like this town. We have a very good football team here. Its name is Werder Bremen.
This year he nave here a very popular festival where many sailing ships come. This festival is popular for tourists. Last year we had many buildings built here in Bremerhaven with a hotel. It looks like the famous hotel in Dubai.
Best regards,
A.

If you have any questions you can ask me.